Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Split Personalities

There were some tears Sunday night about returning to school on Monday. A says she can't find her way and she feels like she is bugging her "go to" person too often. I gave her lots of hugs and tried to reassure her that everything was going to be fine. Monday morning when the alarm rang, a beast came out of the bedroom, not my lovely daughter. I said very little and let her go about her business of making her lunch and breakfast. On the walk to school, after I suggested we take a shortcut, she snapped that she hated this school and it just went downhill from there. I tried to talk some sense into her but there was nothing I could say to make it better. I think if I could have said to her guess what, you never have to go to school again, she would have still taken issue with that! So instead we walked the rest of the way in silence. My boss and I have discussed the fact that if our kids aren't in a good place, it sets the tone for our days. As I got on the train to go to work, I wished that I could just go back home and pull the covers over my head.

I called home at the end of a busy day and she was all upbeat and in a great mood. Thank goodness!

It's Tuesday morning and she's not in a foul mood, but she did go back to bed. When I go and wake her, I hope it's good personality and not bad!

No comments: