Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm An American Soccer Mom


When I think of the term “soccer mom” SUV comes to mind. I was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to take over a lease from someone at work who is returning to the States. The good part is that the car is an automatic so we only have to get comfortable driving on the left, putting off getting comfortable shifting with the left hand for a few months. The downside is that it is an Audi SUV and it is massive. We could have moved into this car. Of course when I mentioned getting used to driving this car on the tiny UK roads a co-worker said to me, “Come on, you’re American!” I have never driven a car of this size in my life. It would be a very tight squeeze into our driveway so I have to park it on the street.

One of my co-workers said to me, “You get to pretend to be a hip hop star for a few months”. Hahaha

No comments: