Saturday, September 13, 2008

American Politics

Inevitably being the only American that some of my colleagues know I get questions about the presidential race. There is so much I could say, but we are at work so I just try and keep it neutral. I do get the sense that they blame Americans for introducing the “polished” politician to the rest of the world. Someone here did tell me that they were happy that Obama beat Clinton. They said seeing a woman as President didn’t seem as monumental as having a black President. They said they could never see that as a possibility in England.

Forget the politicians. A has been watching a lot of music videos when she has control of the remote and Green Day’s American Idiot is still on heavy rotation on one of the stations here. As they would say in the UK, I still think the message and the video is “brilliant”.

No comments: