Sunday, August 24, 2008

If You Have a Child...

You know that it is possible to find endless amounts of things to worry about if you let yourself. Saturday morning I woke up to a letter delivered by the post that notified us that A now has a place at the local all-girls grammar school, which we had been told would not happen this year although she did extremely well on the test. I was thrilled when I read it and ran upstairs to wake up H. Then of course my mind wandered to the hellish experience of buying her uniforms and how we would have to return all of that and start over buying different uniforms, and the $200 I just spend on PE uniforms for the other school with her name embroidered on them (recommended by the school) that now the store probably wouldn’t take back. That is a minor worry compared to the other worries that plagued my mind as the day went on. Will she apply herself and do well at this school or will she decide it is too hard and turn off her brain? Will she be going to school with a bunch of rich kids and feel like a total outcast? Maybe it’s just me but give an idea a long enough period of time to germinate in my brain and I can come up with a list of negatives in no time!

So today is a new day, and instead of worrying, I’m going to feel very excited that she has this awesome opportunity. She is excited about it, so I need to just stop worrying.

No comments: