Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Blueberry Muffin Anyone?



I used to think I was a good cook, but now I’m convinced I’m just a good eater. A wise person once said that a way to your co-worker’s hearts is through their stomach (or something like that). Equipped with one of those new-fangled silicone muffin tins, I thought I would make some blueberry muffins and take them to work. Well, as you can see from the pics, they didn’t go anywhere but in a cereal bowl to be eaten with a fork. As A said, “You’d take those to work and they would be saying behind your back ‘that American can’t cook!’”

3 comments:

Beth said...

Blame it on the silicone. I've never had anything cook correctly in them.

Anonymous said...

I just went blueberry picking with my dad and I have about a gallon of them freezing in my freezer. Anyway- I made a blueberry pie from an English recipe and it ended up like a cobbler, so it's called Kristina's English Blueberry Pobbler. It was tasty, but there was no form to it at all :-( Blueberries bake down so much that they make anything turn to mush if you don't watch it. But, maybe we're just not bakers, J. You're a fine cook otherwise :-)

Poodlebugz said...

Those silicone muffin pans make great ice cube trays...you can make big cubes to put in a punch. I used my ineffectual Bundt one to make ice rings.