Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July in Spain


Not that I live this extraordinary life, but I had one of those moments where I thought to myself, if someone would have told me that in 2008 I would be celebrating (quietly) the 4th of July in Spain with not an American in sight I would not have believed them. There was a celebration going on there, it was feria in the local village and many of the women were dressed in traditional and some not so traditional flamenco dresses. Those dresses are not very forgiving to those who have figure flaws! I wish I could have taken some pictures without looking like a gawker because there were some very beautiful people in Spain. I took this pic from a distance but you can see a few dresses.

Talking about the origins of the 4th of July with non-Americans was interesting. It made me realize that deep down that I still want to believe all of the ideology about our country.

No comments: