Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Nesting

Beds will be delivered tomorrow, tea kettle has been purchased, and H & A are on their way to O’Hare International Airport in Chicago after a very stressful slapdash visit to the British Embassy downtown. They will arrive at 7:00am my time and a very large taxi will be waiting to transport them and their very large suitcases to our new home!

Some fun facts about moving overseas – The U.S. Postal Service will not let you forward mail to an overseas address. After calling British Telecom yesterday and finding out that the phone line is all ready and actually working in the house, I found out it would take eleven days for it to be ours. Maybe I misunderstood, but that seems like an awfully long time to transfer a phone account.

2 comments:

Jason said...

I'm glad to see things coming together for you all. I know you can't wait until H and A arrive!

sugarfoot said...

That's great! I have started Angelina's wall hanging, but haven't finished it. Hoping to finish this weekend. Take care!
Lisa