Friday, May 2, 2008

Pub Quiz - Part Two

Before going to Australia some of us at work decided to gather a group together on Thursday nights to dominate the local pub quiz. “Dominate” is my word. Funny my competitive side comes through only in trivia events. I went last night, the first time since I have been back from the J World Tour 2008. There were thirteen teams and the highest possible score was 55. We tied with another team at 48 to fight out for third and fourth place. The top two teams tied at 49. The tie-breaker question – How old was Florence Nightingale when she died (90 by the way!). We ended up in fourth place after guessing 41.

To tally scores for each round, you have to take your team’s sheet and swap with another team. After one of the rounds where we got nine out of ten, the older gentleman who was leading the team we swapped with smiled and said, “I’m glad to see you’re fallible. Bastards”. This made everyone in earshot laugh.

No comments: