Sunday, March 30, 2008

Koalas in the Wild






There are points along the Great Ocean Road where you suddenly see cars pulled off to the side and people standing along the road looking up into the trees and you begin to figure out what is happening, there is a koala in view. We stopped three times along the road and saw several asleep, an occasional stretch of a leg here and there. On our last day we stopped at a spot well-known for koala sightings and we saw four or five high up in the trees. Even if I used my zoom on my camera, I couldn't get a good picture. As we walked along the path we saw a very short tree with people gathered around it. We couldn’t believe our luck. As you can see from the pictures, he was in a very low-lying branch. Locals call these creatures smelly and mean, but look how adorable this little guy is.

2 comments:

Poodlebugz said...

What amazing pictures! That little guys IS adorable. My jealousy meter has shot from pea green right into emerald!!

Anonymous said...

Just getting caught up on your blog -- these are so wonderful! I love him!!!