Thursday, March 20, 2008

Healesville Sanctuary




We are lucky enough to have a work colleague who seems to know everything about the area. She offered to be our tour guide last Sunday as we headed to Healesville Sanctuary to see all animals of the Aussie variety. The temperatures soared to over 100 degrees so some of the animals like the Tasmanian devil were nowhere to be found.

We headed right to the koalas first and actually saw one climb down from the tree and walk to get a drink of water. It occurred to me that I have only seen pictures of koalas in trees. They really are cute.

1 comment:

Poodlebugz said...

Now I know what koalas remind me off, especially since you show one climbing down--it's Stitch from Lilo & Stitch! (Yes, I really think that's my all-time favorite Disney movie...but you know I'm odd like that!)

And, I agree, I've never seen a picture of a koala that wasn't in a tree.