Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Theatre from Lunch to Evening


Last Friday, after Mel had an intriguing breakfast with one of the B&B guests, we headed off to London. We had lunch at a cute little Italian bistro where two French teenagers were seated next to us. They ordered the cheapest thing on the menu to split, asked for everything free that they could get their hands on, and when the waiter wasn’t looking, they wrapped the complimentary olives and bread into foil that they had jammed into their pockets. I guess they thought they were sneaky. Just to have some fun, the waiters presented them with a bill for £50.00 ($100.00) just to watch their faces. We had a front row seat for the action.

We finished the night off by seeing Spamalot in the nosebleed section. I’m not a Monty Python fan but even I enjoyed it. I don’t know if the seats on the floor were any roomier but both Mel and I had our knees in our faces, which just added to the laughter.

No comments: