Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Missing My Friends

A few weeks ago I was standing on the platform waiting for a train. Hearing laughter, I had to see where it was coming from. There were two friends standing on the platform. A very animated young woman was reading an article from a tabloid about some woman who married a serial killer or something crazy like that. Her buddy was laughing at every pause and it made me realize how much I miss my friends and those moments of laughter.

My friend Mel is coming from Chicago to visit me next week and I cannot wait. I joked with her when she called to start making plans that now I wouldn’t throw myself in front of a bus since she had now given me something to live for. Her deadpan response, just as I expected was, “Yeah, don’t ruin my vacation”. When I was asking her what she wanted to do and see here, her response was she didn’t care, she was coming to see me. That’s a lot of pressure! Please say you won’t die a peaceful death until you have seen Big Ben! Give me a wish I can fulfill and not be stressed out because I doubt my company is worth the price of a transatlantic plane ticket. I am sure at some point during the visit, our laughter on the platform will grab someone’s attention.

No comments: