Friday, February 29, 2008

Last Night of Mel's Visit


To give Mel a little taste of London nightlife, and selfishly fulfill my craving for live music, we went to see the band Spoon at Scala on Monday night. Spoon is band from Austin, Texas that my friend S from Denver got me into this year. It is weird that every concert I have been to in London has been an American act. Is that a subconscious choice? We had a great view from the balcony and really enjoyed the venue, but we left early because I felt rotten.

We had one of those strange rides home on the train where we witnessed an altercation between two strangers that made everyone else on the train nervous. The day before after the Carling Cup, we had a bunch of young guys get on the train and ask Mel to talk into their shoe as if it was a telephone. I was glad the weird things were happening on the train when I wasn’t alone.

No comments: