Saturday, February 9, 2008

Hangin' with the Tourists

I was talking to a colleague yesterday when getting coffee and mentioned taking pictures of St. Paul’s and other buildings in London. He asked me if I did touristy things on the weekend. I couldn’t tell if he was going to be judging me by my answer but I didn’t care. I told him yes, I won’t live this close to London for the rest of my life so I want to see everything it has to offer. Last Saturday when I was walking across Millenium Bridge, which crosses the Thames, a tour boat was passing under the bridge and there were some kids waving to us folks on the bridge so enthusiastically that I found myself waving back just as enthusiastically. There is something to be said about being in the heart of the tourist areas. Everyone else is probably on vacation and in good spirits. Sometimes it rubs off.

No comments: