Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Southern Moment


It is freezing here! Literally. After I walked to work this morning, I checked the temperature and it was zero. I can't explain it, I don't know if I was thinking about my plans tonight but when I walked into work, I said to one of my co-workers in a Southern accent, "God ya'll, it's cold out there!" It just came out that way.


I braved the cold alone to go to Wembley Arena to see one of my favorite bands from Mt. Juliet, Tennessee, Kings of Leon. It was a great show and it made me happy to see them gain the level of success here that has eluded them in their home country. I'm attaching a clip of one of their videos in case you are interested.


As I left the Arena and headed to the tube station (pictured above), I couldn't help but overhear the conversations around me. For some here there is a fascination with the American South.

No comments: