Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Saturday Before My Flight Home

I forgot how a six year old’s mind works. Yesterday I asked L if I could take Mr. B to the local panto if I was able to get tickets. The performance is 5:30pm this evening, but at 9:00 this morning there was a knock on my door and Mr. B asking what time the panto started. I told him it would have to get dark before we went. I am interested to see this show. Over breakfast the others were telling me that the signs may say we are going to see The Wizard of Oz, but that’s just a jumping off point for the usual pantomime characters.

After the show we are having a dinner since we are all going our separate ways for the holidays. My housemate N will be moving back to New Zealand after eighteen years in the UK. We are all so excited for him. In honor of his homeland, he is cooking lamb for dinner. I’m responsible for the “pudding”. He’s requested Apple Brown Betty, which is what I made for my Thanksgiving dinner and his lady friend is making a homemade custard to go with it. So I will be peeling apples until my hand is a claw this afternoon. I fly out in the morning and cannot wait.

No comments: