Thursday, December 6, 2007

Museo Nacional Reina Sofia



I did go to the Museo Nacional Reina Sofia, as recommended by my colleague, which is a contemporary Spanish art museum. Spanish art is so interesting and strange. When I look at most of Salvador Dali’s work, it really looks like a dream to me, little pieces of things here and there that don’t really make sense separately or sometimes even together. I had not read anything about this museum before going so I didn’t know what works of art I needed to see, but when I walked into the room where Pablo Picasso’s Guernica is exhibited, I knew that this was something special. It has a presence that can only be felt, partly because of its size, when you see it up close. I immediately wanted to know more. And what a history it has had!

No comments: