Sunday, December 9, 2007

False Advertising

Commercials before movies are even worse here than they are in the States. As I waited for American Gangster to begin, the theatre ran a Jack Daniels commercial where Christmas Lights were being hung at the distillery and all of it was covered with a thick blanket of snow. Can we say fiction? I remember the first time I was in that area of the country for Christmas. My neighbors hung their Christmas lights and then sat outside in their lawn chairs with a beer to admire them. While there may be an occasional ice storm, I doubt Lynchburg, Tennessee has ever been the winter wonderland portrayed in that commercial.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah... it is 75 degrees here right now!

Jeffrey said...

Actually we did have one year (when I was snowed in for a week) when it did look like that. I lived East of Fayetteville and not too far from the distillery. But that was the only year out of about 20.

Hey! Cats are fine (though Dutch does miss the edge of the kitty box about once a week and pees on the floor).