Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thank God For Food

Work has been very stressful this week and it continues to build. Due to the mounting stress, I now have to travel several hours away to visit a customer tomorrow. I didn’t leave work until almost eight o’clock and I was fuming about the situation because of how it had come about. As I got to the B&B I remembered that guest U was planning on cooking us all a meal tonight. When I opened the door the delicious smell of garlic was wafting through the air. U is half Italian and very proud of his heritage. I went upstairs and unloaded my coat and laptop and then met the others in the kitchen where the radio was playing softly, and there was a bottle of wine and some appetizers waiting for us.

For appetizers U had prepared bruschetta and broiled mussels that were seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese. They were heavenly. He then served us seafood risotto and the flavour and the presentation was beautiful. It was so interesting to see another side of U, so confident and calm in the kitchen. The delicious and relaxing meal washed away the evening’s anxiety.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait! I have to know...did you intentionally spell flavo(u)r the British way? Are you becoming a limey already?