Thursday, November 1, 2007

Pity Party

Recently my boss and I went out to view parts of Hertfordshire and the schools. I really liked a few of the areas and it gave me a different perspective since I have spent most of my time in Buckinghamshire. Of course when I have inquired at the schools that were good they are all oversubscribed which means I now have to contact the Hertfordshire Education Authority to find out what the options are if we move to an area we like with an oversubscribed school. Like all parents, I want A to have the best educational experience she can have. But while I am doing all I can to find her the best, she has chosen to slack off and withdraw at her current school.

Yes, I have neat things to do on the weekends but I’m also navigating new waters at work, some not as good as others. It’s hard not having a support base here during this process. However, I know that H doesn’t have it easy, throwing (or giving away) our American lives and dealing with the hormones and the attitude of a twelve year old girl. It is very hard to be here when there are discipline issues going on at home. It’s part of the move that hasn’t been a walk in the park.

I am trying to think of the positive.
1. Soon we will be back together as a family and we will appreciate each other more than some do who take advantage of seeing one another every day.
2. I have a boss with a great sense of humor and also cares about people. It makes a difference in tough times.
3. And due to the chilly weather, L put flannel sheets on my little bed.

No comments: