Saturday, November 10, 2007

Flashback

After a very stressful work week, I was very much looking forward to Friday night. Now I find myself wide awake at 2:30 in the morning, worrying about Monday morning. Having moved several places in my adult life, every once in awhile after moving to a new place I have flashbacks. A memory will wash over me that is insignificant but familiar about the last place I lived. As I sit here in my little B&B room, I just had a recollection of standing at the checkout line of the Schnuck’s grocery store by our STL home and it felt really comforting for a moment. This is funny since H & I have always bitched about Schnuck’s, so it’s not as if I have this longing to be there again. It was just a piece of my old routine. I'll never forget my brother M's reaction to going to Schnuck's with me the first time. He said, "Where are the vowels?"

No comments: