Sunday, October 28, 2007

Los Pacaminos – Tex-Mex in Chesham, England


Trivia question – What 80’s pop star scored his biggest hit with a cover of Daryl Hall’s Everytime You Go Away? If you guessed Paul Young you are correct! What is Paul Young doing now? He is part of the band Los Pacaminos and they played in Chesham on Thursday night.

My favourite hobby in the States was going to concerts. Due to higher ticket prices and transportation issues, it’s obvious that the number of concerts I go to will be drastically curtailed. Because I have been missing it so, when N who lives at the B&B asked me if I wanted to go to a concert I said yes before he even described the band.

Who knew that I would be sitting in the local theatre staring up at the Mexican flag and the Texas flag? The music was actually very good. At times it sounded Cajun due to the accordion, at times it sounded like good old honky tonk country. Other times it did sound like traditional Mexican music which made me crave a margarita in a serious way.

Funny enough, Paul Young did not sing a single note. Late in the show he explained that he had the flu and you could tell something wasn’t right. You usually don’t see a guitar player blowing his nose with a hanky. His female fans didn’t seem to mind.

No comments: