Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Eve


Coming home last evening the B&B lights were out except a disco ball, and there were carved pumpkins all over the room. Living with a children’s entertainer, it doesn’t take much to whip up a children’s party for little B and his friends. Demonstrating L’s power to get people to do whatever she wants them to, she announced to me upon my entry that my devil costume was waiting for me upstairs. I marched up to my room to change. I was feeling uncomfortable in my all too clingy devil dress until N (other guest) came down in a skeleton costume and silver tinselled wig that L had laid out for him. Even grumpy lawyer U was made to bob for apples. The kids enjoyed the apple bobbing so much that they kept doing it. At some point, because I have a weak stomach, I just had to look away. All that spit in a bowl, yuck!

After the kids had been picked up, we finished the night with a nice steak and potato pie, northern style.

No comments: