Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The V&A’s Transformation



When I entered the V&A I took a picture of the topiary at the door. As you can see, just hours later, it was transformed into a pink carpet with paparazzi everywhere. I also got a glimpse of the courtyard before my early exit and this must have been where the party was held. From reading the paper today, I see that it was a fundraiser and some fairly famous people were in attendance. The most famous person I saw arrive was Yasmin LeBon (wife of singer Simon LeBon). If I would have known that people like Kate Moss and Prince would be walking the carpet I would have braved the cold and my need for a bathroom a little longer. Seeing those designer gowns up close and on actual people, they do look like works of art. One guest rode up on his bicycle and chained it up right by the pink carpet, buttoned his shirt, put on his bow tie, took out his iPod earbuds and then walked the carpet. Interesting to see what happens behind the scenes!

1 comment:

Poodlebugz said...

I so would have frozen for Prince!!!
Him and all his purpliness!