Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Tale of Two Mustards


I could see my breath this morning as I walked to work. Quite an unusual feeling when it is August.


I decided to go for a sit down meal last night at a local pub where you order your food at the bar and then they bring it out to you. I ordered a hard cider and shepherd’s pie. The bartender told me to go get myself some condiments and I noticed that there were two kinds of mustards, so I had to steal one of each!

Ingredients for the English Mustard:
Water, Spirit Vinegar, Mustard (19%), Salt, Sugar, Spice, Flavouring, Citric Acid, Colour, Riboflavin, Thickener – Xanthan Gum

Ingredients for the French Mustard:
Spirit Vinegar, Water, Mustard Seeds (18%), Salt, Sugar, Malt Extract (contains Barley), Colour – Plain Caramel, Spice, Flavouring

1 comment:

Poodlebugz said...

So, which was better? : )