Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday - A New Day!



Now that I have a name for my condition, "prolonged solitary travel disease", I acknowledge it and move on. I had a lovely breakfast with my hosts and their other lodger who has been living with them for a year and is getting ready to go back to his home country, New Zealand. They have been telling me that if I cross through the park next to their house and go up and over a hill there is some beautiful countryside. So I decide to do a little walking before I go to work today. On my walk I ran into the "Early Morning Dog Walkers Club" and I asked if I could snap their picture. They were a cheerful bunch and wanted me to note that there were four unruly dogs not wanting to pose that are out of frame.


As I was leaving the park, another woman who was there with her dog struck up a conversation with me and we started talking about city versus country life. She conceded that she didn't like city life, she preferred the country. She was standing there talking to me wearing the biggest pair of rhinestone-studded sunglasses I think I have ever seen. Not exactly the look you would expect in the English countryside.


As I walked down High Steet this morning, the mood was very cheerful. It is gloriously sunny and the Saturday of a long weekend. Does it get much better than that?

No comments: