Friday, August 10, 2007

One Last Concert in St. Louis

Wednesday night proved to be a classic final act in St. Louis. When I moved here in 2003 my friend RB mentioned that music legend Chuck Berry (now 80 years old) had a standing date at Blueberry Hill each month and that we needed to go at some point. She went a year ago with family to celebrate a birthday but I totally took it for granted and kept thinking, oh I'll go next month. The thing about this standing date is the club is very intimate and sells out very quickly.

While I have acquaintances in St. Louis outside of work, I basically have one good friend here that is not a SD employee. Her name is Megan and we met each other when both of us were taking our first graduate class at the University of Missouri-St. Louis. We were planning to see each other before I left and to my delight, she called a few weeks ago and asked me if I wanted to go see Chuck with her. I was thrilled. An added bonus was that while I had graduated in December, I didn't know that Megan had finished last week. It was a perfect way for us to celebrate what we had both started together. Megan, I will miss you and wish the best to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll keep the home fires burning for you - http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/20003EFEC4293F10

I'll let you know if they are any good :)
J