Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Happy Hour in the STL

My friend and work colleague RB hosted a nice happy hour for me and invited everyone from work last night. Even though we are experiencing record-breaking temperatures and humidity, we had a lovely time in and outside of the air conditioning. I have always loved how St. Louis embraces the drink! Before we went to the gathering, I picked up my buddy K who had, with input from other work colleagues put together five hours of American music on CD for me. She said whenever I got homesick; I could pop in a CD and feel comforted. She also got me a lovely framed picture of the Gateway Arch with fireworks in the background. Our last night out was a concert down by the Arch that ended with fireworks and little did we know, people trapped inside the iconic structure! My friend and former colleague B got me a terrific book called St. Louis Seen and Unseen that has some terrific photography in it. Being in St. Louis has had many highs and lows, but in the end I wouldn’t change a thing because it has been a learning experience. I’m leaving a different person than when I arrived.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so wish I could have been at your going away party but couldn't have escaped the Houston vortex. I hope you're transition to UK Life goes smoothly. If you see the Spice Girls, tell them I said hi (for real, I'm rocking out to Mel C's new album right now- it's really good. And I don't mean Beyonce-fleeting-appreciation "good.")! Keep up the blog posting!!

--M