Wednesday, August 29, 2007

B&B Lady

Some beautiful plum trees border the fence of the house I am living in with L, P, and their son B. B is six and an adorable high-energy little boy. Tonight after I got home from work, I changed my clothes and was going to come out of my room to talk to L for a bit and B was standing in the hallway with his skateboard. He said they were going to the park and asked me if I wanted to go. I said if he and his mom didn’t mind, I would love to. He yelled to his mom, “Mum, can B&B lady go to the park with us?”

As we were walking to the park L said to B, “Should we tell J about the plums?” He got a funny look on his face and said no and ran off. When he was out of earshot she told me that the other day when I was out, he came to her and said, “Mum, I had an accident. One of the plums from the plum tree fell into the B&B lady’s bathroom window”. Now my bathroom window is probably about twenty-five feet from the plum tree and the only window open in my bathroom is a little seven inch window that slants open. She said she went into my bathroom and sure enough there was a plum that had splattered all over my bathtub. She said she had to keep a straight face to sternly tell him that while she appreciated that he came forward, he shouldn’t let this accident happen again. I would love to know how many plums it took to hit the bullseye!

No comments: