Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Road Trip Complete

We had always discussed going on a road trip when J visited so she could see more of America. It turned out due to H’s commitments, it was a girl’s road trip, just me and them. We both had our iPods packed with playlists and the night before the trip as I was driving home from work I burst into tears. J will be starting a new school in the fall and A will be 16 in just a few weeks and it all is moving so fast. I sometimes just want to hug A and tell her not to go so fast. Life starts to get more and more complicated from this point on. I guess I’m feeling pretty emotional about it all.


It was great to see the two of them still having such a strong bond, to see the two of them still skip to the car like babes after 16 hours at Disneyland, to sing along in the car to a song we all liked as we stared out the window at the desert landscape or the traffic depending on where we were. When we were driving through the Mohave Desert and my car struggled to keep us cool, J was asleep in the back and I had my iPod plugged in. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough came on and both A and I sang along. I had to look out the passenger window so she couldn’t see my face. Where has the time gone?

No comments: